GISELLE HARDINGER
Chief of Police

P.O. Box 30412
Los Santos Police Department
Los Santos, San Andreas 90030
206 Station Avenue
  • January 3rd, 2022

Dear Applicant,

Each year the Los Santos Police Department receives thousands of requests to ride along with a police officer on patrol. Unfortunately, given limited personnel resources, the Department must prioritize which of these requests it can grant. The general purpose of the ride-along is to educate the public and open up the lines of communication with the community, thus fostering an environment of mutual trust and respect.

The Department will attempt to comply with requests for ride-along from members of the community and other law enforcement organizations whenever practicable.

Those interested in riding along with a police officer should visit any Community Police Station, and request to speak with the watch commander in regards to a ride-along. Using the non-emergency hotline (1-800-ASKLSPD) is also acceptable, as long as the person is present at any Community Police Station.

The watch commander will then review the current field situation, and based on many factors, may either approve or reject the request to ridealong. If approved, this will include a criminal records check and signing a waiver.

Note: Recruit Officers may ride along without prior approval.

The requirements are below:
    • Must be at least 18 years old;
    • Must not have a background that represents unethical or immoral behavior (excluding moving violations and non-violent misdemeanors);
    • Must wear formal, or smart casual, attire;
    • Because of the potential for police activity to escalate to a dangerous level, all participants will adhere to the directions and instructions of the officer. Participants will not be taken to the scene of potentially dangerous situations. Under some circumstances, it may be prudent for the officer to drop off a ride-along at a safe location until completion of the call;
    • All riders must agree to not publicly discuss the names of persons involved in police matters. It is essential that statements or evidence on your ride-along be held confidential. No video, photographic, or recording devices are allowed without permission. Note-taking is permitted for educational purposes;
    • Other restrictions or permissions may apply at the discretion of the watch commander.
    (( The following is the waiver which would be given to and signed by your character:
    Spoiler: show
    WAIVER

• 1. In consideration for receiving permission to participate in the Los Santos Police Department ride-along program, I hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to arraign or file any sort of proceeding the Los Santos Police Department, its officers, agents, or employees (hereinafter referred to as releases) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me, while participating in such activity where the activities are being conducted, regardless of whether such loss is caused by the negligence of the releases, or otherwise and regardless of whether such liability arises in tort, contract, strict liability, or otherwise, to the fullest extent allowed by law.

2. I am fully aware of the risks and hazards connected with the activities of the Los Santos Police Department, and I am aware that such activities include the risk of injury and even death, and I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in said activities, knowing that the activities may be hazardous to my property and me. I understand that the Los Santos Police Department does not require me to participate in this activity. I voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage, or personal injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage to property owned by me, as a result of being engaged in such an activities, whether caused by the negligence of releasees or otherwise, to the fullest extent allowed by law.

3. It is my express intent that this Liability Waiver Agreement shall bind the members of my family and spouse, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns, and personal representative(s), if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a release, waive, discharge and covenant not to arraign or file any sort of proceeding the above-named releasees. I hereby further agree that this Liability Waiver Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of San Andreas. Any portion of this document deemed unlawful or unenforceable is severable and shall be stricken without any effect on the enforceability of the remaining provisions.

4. In signing this agreement, I acknowledge and represent I have read the Liability Waiver, understand it, and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made. I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and competent, both physically and mentally, to participate in this program and to read, understand, and sign all required documentation needed by the Los Santos Police Department for said program. I execute this Agreement for full, adequate, and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.

5. I hereby certify that all statements made in this application are true and complete. I understand that any discrepancies, misstatements, omissions, and/or falsifications will be cause for disqualification, for my name to be removed from the program, or for criminal charges under the penalty of perjury.
    Applicant's signature:
    Date: DD/MMM/YYYY
    ))

Very truly yours,

MANUEL CALDERA, Deputy Chief
    Commanding Officer
    Administrative Services Bureau

SPACER
    SPACER

AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
    www.LSPDonline.org
    www.joinLSPD.com