Frequently Asked Questions

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
(Rev 05/2020)

• Q: How do reinstatement requests work?

A: As it states clearly in the response format, all reinstatement requests are deliberated upon between both the Command and Staff Officers. This means that the voice of each Command and Staff Officer is heard, and if opinions are not carried unanimously (which is not usually the case) then the majority of views of Command and Staff Officers will be taken to supply a fair conclusion to the reinstatement request

This process usually takes approximately 24-48 hours, but should allow for up to 72 hours.

Q: I was part of the faction on SAMP, may I reinstate?

A: No. Those who seek to reinstate from SAMP had years to do so, therefore we will no longer be accepting any reinstatements from SAMP.

Q: Am I allowed to return on the character I was ICly terminated for?

A: No. This would be an OOC reinstatement, in which case a name change is required. However, if you were terminated due to failing the Field Training Program, or on medical grounds, you may attempt a return on that same character.

Q: I was terminated/resigned a very long time ago, do I still need to make a reinstatement or can I go through recruitment?

A: If you have been out of the faction for more than 36 months, you may automatically apply for the recruitment process, unless you were terminated on out of character grounds. If you were terminated out of character, regardless of how long ago, you need to file a reinstatement request to be allowed to apply for the recruitment process. It is also important that you make your reinstatement request on your original account or it cannot be accepted and you cannot be accepted into the department.

Q: Can I post another reinstatement if I get given no with no recruitment?

A: Yes, after two weeks. Once the two weeks has passed of you receiving the response from your last reinstatement another reinstatement may be posted.

Q: Can I post another reinstatement if I get given no WITH recruitment?

A: No. If you are given recruitment, that is a final response and it will remain recruitment.

Q: Can I post my reinstatement request on a new LSPD forum account?

A: No. For record and security purposes, all reinstatements must be made on your PAST LSPD ACCOUNT. IPs are checked and there are a number of security protocols that must be executed before a response to a reinstatement request is given.

Q: I am unsure if I want to transfer. What can I do to make ensure that the LSPD is right for me?

A: There are numerous resources available to do this, including viewing our Faction Thread or Recruitment Desk. Questions can always been forwarded to any officer in the department, be it a Police Officer or the Chief of Police.

Q: I know the LSSD allows LSPD officers to 'reinstate' to the LSSD if they have resigned or have been terminated from the LSPD and are no longer a member. Does this happen in the LSPD?

A: No, we do not have such a system. You cannot transfer to the LSPD unless you are currently a member of the LSSD and meet all requirements. In the event that you were a member of the LSPD, you must reinstate.

Q: I am currently a member of the Sheriff's Department and have never been a member of the Police Department. Is there ANY way I can apply whilst being a rank below the required rank of Deputy Sheriff?

A: No. We do not make exceptions here, any deputy who wishes to transfer must have obtained the rank of Deputy Sheriff or above.

Q: Am I allowed to transfer to the LSPD if I do not have a microphone?

A: No. A microphone is a mandatory requirement.

Q: I resigned from the LSSD, am an ex-Police Officer of the LSPD, and now want to return to the Police Department. Can I reinstate?

A: Yes, you may request a reinstatement.

Q: I resigned from the LSSD, am an ex-Police Officer of the LSPD, and now want to return to the Police Department. Can I transfer?

A: No, you need to file a reinstatement request. The only exception here is if you have achieved Executive Staff during your time in the LSSD.

Q: I would like to know why my reinstatement got declined?

A: In summation, if a reinstatement request is declined it means that Command and Staff Officers have deliberated and concluded they do not want you in the faction at this moment in time. Reasons for this can be but may not be because of your past OOC history in the server/faction, the events leading up to your termination/resignation, reinstating too soon after being terminated/resigned, or that Command and Staff Officers have lost or do not feel they can trust you as a member of the faction.

Command and Staff Officers are not obligated to reply to you other than a brief explanation of why we came to this decision. They reserve the right to deny your reinstatement for any reason.

Q: I was declined in my reinstatement request, and told that I cannot apply via recruitment as my ban is still in place. What does this ban mean?

A: If your reinstatement request was denied, it means that Command and Staff Officers have decided that you are not yet in a position to join the faction through any means, including the recruitment process. As such, you are considered to be banned from joining.

Q: I would like to appeal my reinstatement request.

A: As a reinstatement request is already an appeal to join back to the Police Department, it is not possible to 'appeal' a reinstatement request. All reinstatement responses are given a fair deliberation, and the reasoning behind a denial of a reinstatement can always be fully justified, with the full process defined in the first Frequently Asked Question. The Chief of Police inspects each reinstatement response to ensure they are always representative, fair, and above board.

Q: If I transfer successfully from LSSD, can I also transfer my weapon certification(s)?

A: We do not offer transfers of certifications. This means if you were certified to use a shotgun or a rifle in the Los Santos Sheriff's Department, if your transfer is successful, you will have to apply once recruitment is open in order to be certified in the Los Santos Police Department.

Additionally, transfers in divisions are at the discretion of the Commanding Officer and not guaranteed.